Sunday, October 16, 2011

Wedding Season

Wedding season has finally come to an end....

I love going to weddings. I love getting dressed up and witnessing the love exchanged between two people, seeing the brides dress, listening to sappy speeches, drinking wine and eating good food and watching people do amazing dance moves on the dance floor and possibly even being propositioned into having a three some.

I had three big weddings this year that I was super excited to attend. One of the weddings was held in Key West that I unfortunately couldn't attend due to low funds after returning from South Africa, Congrats Kenny & Noelle! I'm super pissed that I missed this wedding because not only are these two fabulous people an amazing duo, but their wedding was a week long party that will go down in the books forever.






The next wedding that I was attending was in CT. I took the excruciating flight back to Hartford after a night a drinking and getting to the airport three hours early via Super Shuttle. Natalie has been my best friend since the third grade so it was an honor being a part of her special day.
It was a lovely wedding with perfect weather and lovely people  at Mystic Seaport, and Natalie's gay Uncles really made the night when they  tore up the dance floor like I have never seen.  Congrats Nat & Corey!!


The last wedding that I attended this year was for Olivia and Cory. They are magical together and have something really special. This was a beautiful wedding as well. It was held in their back yard here in Boulder and was decorated with asian flair  and rock climbing things from Nepal. It was really great. But the real kicker at this wedding was that I was asked to join another married couple in a three some.
I quickly ran off to be close to my friends and swig back a few glasses of wine and tried to avoid the couple for the rest of the evening. As flattered as I was I was also completely freaked out.


Now you may be wondering when I am getting married. The answer is probably when I'm 62. At least than everyone will be rich and will most likely be retired so they can definitely attend my wedding and it will great when we are all dancing in our electronic wheel chairs and roller cane things. Cheers big ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment